Saturday, March 13, 2010

MOMMY-DAVE DAY

This was a Mommy-Dave Day. Dad had to go to meetings all morning, so Dave and Mommy spent the morning together. Again, he had some interesting first-time experiences. Since it was raining today, I decided to use the treadmill for my two mile walk. Dave has seen me on the treadmill and elliptical, but today was a little different for some reason. He was much more interested in what I was doing. I decided it might be interesting to have him get some exercise, too. No, I did not put him on a moving treadmill!

Instead, I turned the machine off and let him just sit on it. He wasn't sure he even liked that. Then when he got off, I started it up again and walked at my usual pace. When he got too inquisitive, I turned it off and let him get on and sit or stand. Today was a "no-walk" day for him, but he did try to figure out what in the world I was doing....walking but getting nowhere!!!

The other experience was a ride in the car. He did come home in the Blazer when he was a tiny puppy and go to the vet on Mom's lap to see the vet, but this was a trip just to go to WalMart. He wasn't sure he really liked this experience. However, he has to travel to Ft. Wayne on Tuesday to Puppy Class, so he needed some time in the car.

The afternoon brought time in the cage to take a nap and relax from his busy morning. That is what the picture is about today...Dave in his cage.




No comments: