Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break Day Three: Spring Training for the Cubs

One of the ideas I had for our trip this year was to go to Spring Training in Mesa for the Cubs. Every year that we have been down here, the training time was over and regular team play was on.  That meant any team we usually listen to was far from AZ.  This year we just made it.  They play their last game here tomorrow. We would be busy during game time, so we weren't sure it was going to happen even this year.

We checked the schedule again when we got here and sure enough there was a game at noon today.  The weather was perfect. It was 75 degrees and very sunny. It was suggested to us that we try and get seats on the grass.  It was cheaper that way and really not as hot and we could still be in the sun.  So that is what we did!

We took off at 10:30 since we really didn't know where we were going. After a couple mistakes, we finally found it.  We had a great time, got a lot of sun and the Cubs won. We did have to buy a Cubs towel to have something to sit on, but that was okay with us.  I just wanted to sit on a towel. I am not a Cubs fan, but I am a baseball fan.

We are making the most of every moment we are here. We start the day with a long four mile walk, have breakfast and then I sit on the patio or beside the pool and write in my journal. Sounds like a dream vacation to me.  Give me some sun, a pool, a good book and something to write on and I'm fine!

One more full day here in the Valley of the Sun!