Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's a Graham Day!

Today was the day that I usually stop and visit/play with Graham. This morning he had just gotten out of bed and was finishing his milk and watching Sponge Bob. He was in a cuddly mood so I got to give him lots of Grandma kisses without him running away. I love the way he is now discovering words.  His favorite color is BLUE and he says it over and over. He would like everything to be blue!

We then read a book together.  He turned the pages and told me what the pictures were. The first book we read was a truck book. He could find the truck, the tree and various colors of trucks. Then we read the book: The Wheels on the Bus.  I naturally had to sing it to him.  That had been one of his daddy's favorite songs as we would drive in the car. What Graham liked to do was find the animals in the bus. We tried to get him to tell us what the cat said, but he wasn't interested in that.

When I left he and Daddy walked to the door with me. I got my farewell kiss. Then I asked him where the car was.  He pointed outside to my Yellow VW bug, and said, "Car!"  He then waved his arm back and forth and said, "Bye!"

I love my Graham visits and am so excited that when I retire I will have more time to spend with him and his new little sister coming soon!!!

No comments: