Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Slice of Life Day Six: The Tie-Dyed Sky


For my Slice of Life pieces, I will be writing about Douglasville, what I called my second grade
classroom.  Since I am retiring after 43 years of teaching, I thought this would be a great way to collect my stories.

Today I am going to share one of the pieces written by one of the former Douglasville citizens.  One morning Jordan was riding to school with his mother.  He looked out at the sky and commented about how different it looked.  He decided he would then write about it because he knew that writers see things with fresh new eyes.  Jordan is now a senior in high school.  Here's his piece: Tie-Dyed Sky.  Thanks, Jordan!

Have you ever seen the sky when it was pink
then tie-dyed blue, then pink again?
I have.
This morning November 20, 2002
Well, it all started when I was riding to school.
I saw it sitting up in the sky with a big light shining down at me.
It looked so cool,
so peaceful
and I thought maybe it was a sign that
a marvelous day was right in front of me.
So, when you see a kind of sunrise like I did,
then be happy.
A great day might be right in front of your nose!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a cute poem! Thanks for sharing(: