Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Anna Viola Parkison with oldest daughter, Zilpha

In 1888 on May 9th, Anna V. Deardoff was born. She married Harry E. Parkison and they had four children.  The youngest girl was my mother. Today, May 9th, is my grandmother's birthday. She had nine grandchildren: four girls and five boys. We were a close set of cousins even though we were many years apart.

My grandmother made everything fun. She would tease us, play with us and keep us all in line. She was the best grandmother any girl could hope for. She taught me how to crochet, cook and tie a string around a horsefly and make it a "pet". I still remember her stories she told about my older cousins. We would beg and beg for her to tell a "Joanie" story.  They were the best. SHe taught my first Sunday School class and was a wonderful Bible teacher. She loved kids, flowers, and cooking. She made the best hamburgers ever!

Today I remember  her and miss her. I only hope I can be as good a grandma as she was to me. Happy Birthday, Grandma!  I love you!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.