Tuesday, July 15, 2008

NEW BOOKS

When we were in Atlanta, one of my favorite things to do was to go to Barnes and Noble in Buckhead. I know there are B & N's all over, even in Fort Wayne, but the one in Buckhead is just special. Here are three books I got there this year.

The first one is by two of my favorite children's authors: Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel. They wrote another of my favorites...My Big Dog. This book will be great for teaching letter writing, persuasive writing and voice. It is packed with possible mini-lessons! Plus the pictures are great!


The next book is a Gary Paulsen book. However, it is different from any of his other books. This is one for GIRLS! It is a chapter book and Molly is a girl after my own heart. She has a notebook she keeps everything in, but it gets lost and therefore she is lost. Her grandmother, who she lives with, is crazy but all Molly's friends love her. Molly is not so sure! Since we are reading Gary Paulsen for our book club this month, I thought this would be really different. AND it was!
The last book is for adults. It is the latest in the No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. I love these books and can't wait to get started on his latest one. If you haven't read any of Alexander McCall Smith's books...you must.

Well, there's my book review for now. My days are getting closer to coming to an end for just taking time to read for fun. I am enjoying every last minute of sitting by the pool (or in the pool) and reading. This is my idea of vacation!


No comments: