Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MURPHY TURNS 12

On Monday Murphy had a birthday! He is now 12 years old. He is such a handsome dog, even in his old age. He is a certified Visiting Dog and has several titles. His main one is the CD title. For that he had to quailify in three competitions. In his last competition he received first place. He now says he just wants to be a dog!!

His best friend (and girlfriend), is Lucy. She is a little older than Murphy, but he doesn't mind that. Lucy and Murphy have been together all their lives. They used to take long walks with us, but not any more. Lucy is a lover and always wants to be petted. Murphy adores her and when she asks for one of his treats, he usually gives it to her gladly.
For his birthday, he brought treats to Lucy's house and they had a small party. When you are a dog and turn 12, parties aren't what they used to be. Still, no matter what they do...a little playing or just sleeping in the sun, they are glad to be together.


Happy Birthday, Murphy! And we wish you MANY more!!!!!























.

3 comments:

Sarah Amick said...

What dear old friends. I can see that even though they are old in the face that their spirits are still young. Why do we have such an attachment to furry friends? Is it because unlike the real world with humans they have never let us down?
Hey, I am doing pretty good on the mini lessons for my Reading and Writing Units of Study.
I checked out the PDeCampus, is the writing prof. development seminar full? Do I still need to attend?
Let me know,
Sarah

Jen Barney said...

This made me cry Kathy. I look at Sadie and Faith, my girls, and they are my girls... love how they love each other and just to be near the family.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MURPHY!!!

Kelli said...

Murphy and Lucy are so cute together. I'm glad they have each other. I wish Murphy many more days to come.