Wednesday, June 20, 2012

All Write Summer Institute

Lists of our favorite books
Reading and writing are two of my favorite past times. That is just one of the reasons I love the All Write!!! Summer Institute.  This afternoon I will take off and drive to Warsaw, Indiana to help with the set up and early registration. Then tomorrow the day begins with registration again and then the key note speech given by our own Ruth Ayers. We are so proud of her as the author of Day by Day.

This year I have the privilege of introducing three different authors.  On Thursday, I will be introducing Dr. Sandra Philipson. She is the author of the Max and Annie childrens' books. The books are about her therapy dogs. I am thrilled to be able to introduce her because of my love for dogs and the work that our dog, Murphy did as a Visiting Dog.

On Friday, I am introducing Ralph Fletcher in the first session. He was the first author we had speak to us about helping children use the writer's workshop approach to writing. It is so appropriate that I am introducing him because as I end my career as a teacher I can share how much All Write has influenced my life.

I just received an email from our coordinator, Mindy Hoffar, and she asked me to be the one to introduce our last key note speaker...Katie Wood Ray. Katie is one of my all time mentor authors and heroes in writing. I am so honored to have the chance to introduce her!

If you are in the area, come on over to Warsaw High School on Thursday and/or Friday and sign up.  There is always room for one more and who  knows it might change your life like it did mine!

No comments: