Sunday, September 21, 2008

'TIS THE SEASON

Yes, it is the season. No, I don't mean Christmas or even Halloween. It is the allergy season and I have become fully a part of this season. In the last few years I have occasionally gotten a stuffy nose or started sneezing. This year it has been a whole lot worse.

Everyone at school has been telling me to see a doctor. I finally called mine last week. He told me to get eye drops and gave me a prescription which I immediately got filled. It helped some, but not enough. Yesterday I woke up with very puffy, swollen eyes. I went ahead and met Marsha for breakfast as we had planned. I knew I was not getting any better.

For lunch The Big D and I walked to Subway. I wasn't seeing clear enough to ride my bike. While we were sitting there eating, he said, "You know, we could stop by the Emergency Room at the hospital on our way home." That sounded like a good plan to me, so that is what we did. The doctor gave me another prescription for some sort of prednisone and told me to take Zyrtec along with the eye drops from Dr. Page.

Today I am more dried up, but still very swollen. Did I tell you I can't wear eye makeup or my contacts until it gets better? Talk about a slap to the ego! So, as you can see from our picture, it is the season for me! I never thought I would be glad to see cold weather come!!!

1 comment:

Jen Barney said...

I was wondering why your eyes were so puffy when I saw you.... didn't want to offend! Hope you are feeling better!