Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This I Believe

After writing my blog yesterday, I began thinking about what the students would be doing to get ready to write their persuasive essays.  I suggested that the teachers go to the website: www.thisibelieve.org  to get mentor texts for their students. I also suggested that the students begin writing their own lists of what they believe. My thinking took me to deciding that I needed to write my own list of What I Believe. I always tell teachers to model what they are asking the children to do, so that is what I wanted to do, too.  So, here you have it...my list of what I believe.  I am going to try and come up with thirty, but I would have students only do about ten.

What I Believe...
  1. My very first belief is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and my personal savior.
  2. I believe that I can make a difference in the world and will live that way daily.
  3. I believe that people should live their lives as if it is the last day they will live...because someday, it will be true!
  4. I believe you should surround yourself with positive people.
  5. I believe everyone should own a dog at least once in their life.
  6. I believe that the United States of America is the best country no matter what the news says is wrong with it.
  7. I believe being a grandmother has made me a better person.
  8. I believe everyone should do some sort of exercise every day, even if it is just to get out of bed and walk across the room!
  9. I believe in reading...all genres!
  10. I believe everyone should vote.
  11. I believe people should go outside more and enjoy the outdoors.
  12. I believe people should get up early.
  13. I believe that walking every day keeps you healthy
  14. I believe in spending time with those you love.
  15. I believe in seeing as much of the world as possible.
  16. I believe writing makes me a better person.
  17. I believe in the spirit of Santa Claus.
  18. I believe people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be.
  19. I believe God is good all the time
  20. I believe we should stand up for what we believe.
  21. I believe everyone should be the best they can possibly be.
  22. I believe God is in control.
  23. I believe in chocolate.
  24. I believe having a dog makes you a better person.
  25. I believe you should never give up.
  26. I believe in the power of prayer.
  27. I believe in grace.
  28. I believe in heaven.
  29. I believe in setting goals and striving to reach them.
  30. I believe if you are married to your best friend, you are truly blessed.
There are my 30 Things I Believe.  Now, I pick one to make a thesis statement.  That is for another day!  What are the thirty things you believe?



No comments: