Saturday, May 16, 2009

WHAT A JOURNEY!

It has been so long since I wrote on this blog, but my life has been changing almost daily! This past Monday was one of the biggest changes. First of all, for someone my age who has been teaching for 40, yes, 40, years, going through an interview with a resume and portfolio was not what I had imagined doing at this stage of the game.

I interviewed for three positions with FWCS. The first two were for Building Coaches. These two schools are the ones were I have worked closely with the principals and teachers and I felt I could make the most impact. The two principals are not only great men, but people I admire and look up to, also. I would be honored to work in either building. The teachers are all amazing educators who are ready to make a difference in the lives of their children. How could I go wrong on either building?

The other position was for Curriculum District Coach in literacy. I would be working with the two "bosses" I already have. I love working with these amazing women. They are smart, professional and both Christian. Again, how could I go wrong?

After going through the three half hour interviews I left Wayne High School with my head spinning. How in the world was I to decide what direction my life would take? Later that night again after three phone calls, the direction of my journey began to take shape.

I have accepted the position of District Coach. I will be working out of the central office along side another amazing coach...Mary Johnson. I so look forward to working with Mary. I know we will make a great team. We will be working closely with the other 34 coaches in buildings to help FWCS become the exemlary district we all know it can become.

I thank everyone who prayed for me during this trying time. God is good and has a plan for all of us. I am so blessed to be able to work with the "suite girls" I have in the last four years. I know we will all stay close and rely on each other even more as we head in a different, but same, direction. Keep watching as the journey continues to unfold!

No comments: