Friday, February 20, 2009

GREAT IN-SERVICE WITH DAN FEIGELSON

I just came from an amazing workshop in Kendallville. If you haven't heard Dan then you need to grab his book on punctuation. The session today was for principals and administrators. I only got to go because two of the principals I work along side were going. The added bonus was that my boss, Natalie, was also going to be there.

Dan is from NYC and works as a literacy consultant in NYC schools and around the country. That's not all. He was one of the original members of the Teachers College Writing Project with Lucy Calkins. He also was a teacher at PS 321 in Brooklyn. He became a principal for five years and is currently a Local Instructional Superintendent in NYC's Region 9.

Oh, yes, the book you are to grab is: Practical Puntuation...from Heineman. Check it out to see what you missed today!

2 comments:

Lou Ann Homan said...

Hi Kathy,
I am glad that there are folks (my editor!) who loves punctuation, it is definitely my weak point. Thank you all for taking care of my writing by making me correct! Hope to see you at my closing show tonight! We had a full house last night! This is one of the biggest projects I have ever taken on. I have loved every minute of it! I so love directing and writing. (Now should that be a period or an exclamation point?)

Lou Ann

Kathy Douglas said...

LAH-S:
Tell me more about the project, or should I read your blog? DUH! I view puntuation as a way to tell the reader how I want my piece read. After all, it is all about me!!!