Sunday, December 30, 2007

Things I Know For Sure

As I read my Christmas cards this year, I saw a reoccurring theme: "I miss your Sunday Message". Yes, I stopped writing it. Yes, I began blogging--irregularly. Yes, I'm way too busy. I decided that I, too, missed my Sunday Message...and writing. I can't promise I will write weekly, but I can promise to write once in a while. Who know, maybe it will be better this way. For right now I want to write: Things I Know For Sure, thoughts to end 2007 with. The idea is from The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan. (A good read about mothers and daughters.)

1.I know for sure that I am in love with my husband. I know because after 25 years of marriage, I'd still rather spend time with him than anyone else. We have so much fun together and think alike about so many things. He really is my best friend.
2. I know for sure that I was born to be a teacher. There is no greater feeling than to see a child love to read or write after you've shown him/her about your love of books.
3. I know for sure that I will never get done reading all the books I've bought. I can't help it, I just keep buying them. Even when I went to buy Darrell a book as a gift, I had to buy one for me, too! That was my favorite gift for Christmas: Barnes and Noble gift cards!
4. I know for sure that I have a deep love for my pets. Why else would I drive my orange tabby cat to the vet once a week for blood tests? Or why would I massage my elderly golden retriever's back legs after a two-mile walk?
5. I know for sure that I have the best friends anyone could ask for. Vacation is so wonderful because I get to catch up over breakfast or lunch.
6. I know for sure that I am blessed with a loving family. From a sister to cousins, to an aunt far away, to a brave, smart son and wonderful stepchildren, to all eight grandchildren, how fortunate I am.
7. I know for sure that I am blessed also to be working with the brightest and smartest people in my profession. That includes my facilitator buddies, who are so willing to share their knowledge and encourage me daily. It includes the teachers I work with in the classrooms around the district who share their knowledge as easily as their students. It includes my All Write mentor friends who provide a network for not only teaching but life itself.
8. Finally, I know for sure that I have a Savior who loves me unconditionally. Without His guidance and direction, love and companionship, I would know nothing at all for sure!
Have a wonderful, blessed New Year 2008!!! Think about what you know for sure!

2 comments:

Jen Barney said...

love it kathy.... can't wait to read more of these!

Ingrid said...

Keep it coming. Glad you still love your hubby. I want to say that when I add another 23 and a half years to Bill and my marriage. ;)

Also, you have what you have because of your abounding spirit...and yet again, you've inspired me to blog another one...check it out...