Sunday, December 16, 2007

Seven Things About Me as a Reader

My friend, Jen, has tagged me for this meme. Here's what I think:
  1. I absolutely love reading...anything, any time, any where!
  2. I have several books going at the same time: professional and personal.
  3. Currently I am reading Love...the sequel to Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, plus about 3 professional books.
  4. I bought my favorite read for my mother-in-law's Christmas present: Thousand Splendid Suns.
  5. The main thing I miss about not having my own classroom is the read alouds.
  6. I am a member of a great book club. It is made up of writing teachers and we can talk forever about our current book. Our last book? See #4
  7. My favorite saying: I spend my check on books, if there is any left we buy food and clothes!

There you have it. That was easy, since I read, read, read! I will tag Ruth and Lou Ann. Now, it's off to finish Love, Oh, yes, I keep a reader's notebook, too!!!

2 comments:

Lou Ann Homan said...

Hi Kathy,
I usually don't have time for tagging...but it is cold and dark and a good time to share other thoughts..my seven things about me as a reader....only seven?


1. I think this is interesting. I learned to read without phonics, make-up days for snow, and kindergarten. I learned to read (and read very well!!)from a dad who read to me every day..Poe, Shakespeare (even at a young age!!)
2. I learned early to smell the insides of books as well. John Adams once said you can tell where a book is published by it's scent..England, Boston..
3. I am addicted to reading.
4. My book club is specatacular. It is made up of eclectic readers and we do not always agree...I love that part!!
5. I only date men with libraries. Once I dated a man and when I visited his home there were no books, I broke it off immediately!!
6. I used to buy every book available to me..now I am more selective and use my library weekly. I also give away books to folks I think will love what I have been reading.
7. I was given The Thirteenth Tale two weeks ago by a friend in Louisville...she said this book is for you. (It was also recommended to me twice that week.) I just made a quick trip to Florida and this was my trip book. I had one chapter to go yesterday when my flight landed and I let everyone off the plane and I lagged behind last just so I could finish the book.

As I said I am addicted.

Lou Ann

Jen Barney said...

Hi Kathy... hope your holiday has been relaxing! I think that putting your Sunday Message would be great! You can do two things in one area... i would be excited to read it.