Monday, April 12, 2010

THE MOUNTAIN!










The highlight of our Spring Break trip to Tempe, Arizona was the mountain. Actually, it was called Hayden Butte Preserve. On Easter Sunday we got up early to watch the sunrise above it. We heard worshippers singing praise songs. We started up the mountain but I could only make it to 860'. We sat and watched the city wake up below us.

The next morning we tackled the mountain again. This time I was determined to make it to the top--1485'! The angles were steep, the height was frightening, still we climbed...slowly. We did make it. The third and last day we went again. This time was easier. We noticed tiny animals, flowers on ca cactus and new sites below.

At the end of our stay, that mountain seemed to take my focus. Since we could see it from our room, I constantly watched the activity on it. I was obsessed with it.

I feel it stood for all those mountains in my life right now. I felt if I could conquer that mountain, I could conquer all my fears. That mountain turned into my best friend in Arizona!

No comments: