Monday, February 25, 2008

Learning With Debbie



Last week the facilitators had the chance to listen to the wisdom of Debbie Miller. We had all read her book: Reading For Meaning. The two days we spent with her were so enlightening. It made me want to go back and reread the book. I was fortunate to have five of the teachers I work with there at the conference. They were from three different schools. Now I get the chance to work with them in their rooms to make their new ideas happen. Tomorrow I will be collaborating with three of the teachers at Glenwood Park. Next week I am going to slip into the kindergarten class at Whitney Young to see how those kiddos work on inferring. Who would have thought five year olds knew how to infer? What an exciting chance I have to work with classrooms that are ready to do whatever it takes to make learning fun and exciting for their babies!

No comments: